Program Overview & Majors
The Bachelor of Commerce program at the Sobey School of Business combines strong academic study with direct and relevant hands-on experience. You’ll get a solid grounding in business fundamentals and apply what you’ve learned by taking part in case studies, undertaking consulting projects, perhaps qualifying for the IMPACT program and managing real money, or even starting your own business. You’ll leave well-prepared for a rewarding and successful business career in whichever field and specialization you choose.
The Sobey School of Business is AACSB-Accredited. This means our programs have passed rigorous standards of quality, and have been found to be among the best in the world.
About the program
The four year degree begins with two years of being immersed in the basics of business. In your third year, you will choose to specialize in one of our ten majors, with advice and assistance from your academic advisor and career services. You’ll then integrate your classroom and hands-on knowledge to launch an exciting career, or pursue advanced studies.
In addition to the skills to succeed in business, your program is designed to teach you important goals that will help you throughout your life.
Download the 2021
Choose your own path
We have the largest Bachelor of Commerce program in Atlantic Canada. Choose from 10 different majors, or choose to add a certificate program:
Additional Program Benefits:
- There are a variety of entrance and other scholarship opportunities.
- Gain practical experience and make valuable contacts through the co-op option.
- Study abroad in Europe, Latin America and Asia. Travel grants are available to help cover the costs.
- The Saint Mary's University Entrepreneurship Centre can provide resources to help you start and run your own business.
- The Student Employment Centre and our HireSMU portal will help connect you with employers.
- Saint Mary’s Career Services provides you with career counselling and job services support for up to two years after graduation.