School of the Environment Programs
Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Within this interdisciplinary hub, students gain a deep understanding of complex issues such as sustainability and climate resilience. Our passionate professors are doing ground-breaking work to protect our coastlines, develop climate change policy and more.
The School of the Environment brings together students and professors from all of the university’s programs that are explicitly environmental in focus.
Our students learn to apply knowledge from many academic disciplines to solve complex problems related to sustainability of the global environment in the face of human development.
Programs within the School of the Environment:
- B.E.S. degree - Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- B.A. degree with Major/Minor/Honours in Geography
- B.Sc. degree with Major/Minor/Honours in Environmental Science
- B.Sc. degree with Major/Minor/Honours in Geography
Our curriculum is far-reaching and includes such areas as:
- Energy, Resources and Pollution
- Environmental Ethics
- Green Chemistry
- Environmental Management and Policy
- Natural Resource Management
- Physical and Human Geography
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Remote Sensing
- Environmental Contaminants
- Habitat Conservation