Certificate in Financial Management
The Certificate in Financial Management is offered as a self paced online course, designed to help you become more effective in managing the financial aspects of your organization. Completing the certificate will give you the knowledge to make better informed financial decisions and plan more effectively for the future.
The online Certificate in Financial Management consists of three sessions. They must be taken in order and completed within a six month period. Each session should take 4 – 5 hours to complete.
Online Certificate - Self Paced
Certificate in Financial Management Printable Information Sheet
Facilitators: Debi Peverill, BComm, CPA, CA
Technical Requirements: The sessions are compatible with all modern browsers including Firefox, IE 9+, Chrome, Safari and Opera. They are also compatible with browsers of recent mobile devices (IOS and Android).
Required Online Seminars
In this session you will learn how to unlock the mysteries of financial statements. The online lectures will explain financial terms in an easy to understand manner. Each topic area features a set of questions that will test your understanding of the topic.
Budgeting and Projections
In this session you will learn how to prepare a budget, including balance sheets and cash flow statements and develop an in-depth understanding of how the financial statements fit together. Most participants find that the completion of this session helps them to see financial statements and budgets in a clearer light.
Building on the concepts learned in sessions one and two, participants will learn how to approach a financial decision and determine the best course of action. Techniques include incremental analysis and capital budgeting.
All three sessions will include
- High definition videos featuring facilitator Debi Peverill discussing each topic
- Accompanying her on screen will be visual aids (bullet points, examples, tables, etc.)
- Many of these examples will be available to be downloaded and printed
- Throughout there will be test questions and exercises to complete followed by written and video answers
- Once a section is completed, participants still have access to the videos, including tests and exercises
- Email access to facilitator Debi Peverill should they have any questions or need support
Participants will receive two downloadable eBooks, Painless Financial Literacy (2015) and Budgeting Essentials (2015), both written by Debi Peverill.