Application Process for the Master's and Diploma Programs
Applications for the Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management and Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions programs are processed through the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) at Saint Mary's University. To apply, please complete the following steps. The deadline for submitting a complete application is May 31 (but we may still have seats for 2022 so please reach out to email@example.com to check).
Step 1: Ensure you are eligible
Students are required to be actively engaged in the co-operative sector (e.g. employed by a co-operative, credit union, mutual, or sector association; serving governance roles; volunteering or consulting) and preferably in a supervisory or management position although this is not a requirement.
Students must have completed an undergraduate degree (3.0/4.0 GPA scale or justification is the standard) or have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
English is your first language or you can demonstrate competence in English. For more information on language requirements, please visit the FGSR website. During the Covid global situation, our university is offering some flexibility on language testing so see those updates here regarding Duolingo testing and the like.
If you are unsure if you meet these criteria, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Begin your application
- Email email@example.com to inquire about available seats before applying
- Create an account then complete the online application and pay the $110 application processing fee. We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser when completing the form, which tends to run smoother.
Step 3: Submit all supplementary documents in the online system
A transcript from each university or college credit program you fully or partially completed. This includes transfer credits. Our university will accept unofficial transcripts for admission and the official ones must be received after being admitted. To avoid future work, it is recommended to apply for official transcripts at the time of application.
Where to request your former college(s)/university(ies) to send your transcript(s):
Graduate Studies Officer
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University
923 Robie St, Atrium 210
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 3C3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 902-496-8772
- Two confidential written recommendations. At least one recommendation should be from a current or former professor, where possible. If your last education experience was some years ago, applicants are welcome to submit only professional recommendations. All recommendations must be provided using the form available through the online application system, although they can submit an additional letter in addition. You will see the option to add references and send them a link to complete the form directly in the online system.
- A letter from the co-operative business (typically your employer) that you will use as a case study, indicating their willingness to have you study various aspects of the organization. You can contact email@example.com for a sample letter.
- A two-page personal description outlining how the program will benefit you and your organization.
- An up-to-date resume or CV.
Ensure everything is submitted by May 31. You are encouraged to apply earlier than the deadline since seats may fill up.
Admissions for Certificate Program and Short Courses
If you are considering starting your education with the International Centre for Co-operative Management with a shorter program, know that the Certificate in Co-operative Management involves a slightly different (simpler) application process. Many of our shorter programs such as our study tours, executive education courses and conferences simply require registration, so if the link or form is not easily found on our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.