Apply to Residence
Once you have been accepted to Saint Mary’s and accepted your offer of admission to the University by paying the deposit via the application portal, you can activate your SMU ID and apply for residence via SMUport and the Housing Portal.
If you have not fully accepted your offer of admission, you will need to submit your confirmation deposit through the application portal. (Your admission deposit reserves your spot at the university and allows you to apply for residence, register for courses when registration opens for the term, etc.). Once the deposit has been paid, you will need to follow the steps using the following link Acceptance Pack | Acceptance Pack | Saint Mary's University (smu.ca). (Please note that it will take 1-2 business days after the offer of admissions has been accepted before you will gain full access to your SMU ID permissions.)
If you have already accepted the university's offer and paid the confirmation deposit your SMU ID should be activated. To log into SMUport, you will need to use your s# and password, however, once you get to the Housing Portal you will need to enter your SMU email and password (this is the same as your s# password). If you are still experiencing login issues, please contact our EIT department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are activating your SMU account for the first time:
- Visit our Account Activation page.
- Enter your “A” number (located in your acceptance letter) and PIN. (Your initial PIN is your birthdate in DDMMYY format).
- Create your account password.
- An S number and SMU email will then be displayed. Use these credentials and your password to access SMUport and the Housing Portal.
- Pay your residence application fee via credit card, create a student profile, and select your residence preferences.
- Pay your residence confirmation deposit via credit card (and submit your Residence Agreement) to ensure your residence bed space is reserved.
If you have questions or need more information about applying for residence, please contact email@example.com.