Saint Mary's for Indigenous Students
Saint Mary's is a remarkable university. It has a friendly atmosphere, world-renowned academic programs and a small multicultural campus where Indigenous culture is celebrated and greatly valued. As a student here, you will enjoy a warm welcome and plenty of support.
- Saint Mary's University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. The Mi'kmaq Grand Council flag has a permanent home on the Saint Mary's campus.
- We offer a minor in Indigenous studies.
- We are one of Canada's Top 10 Undergraduate Universities (Maclean's magazine).
- We have close to 8,000 students enrolled full-time and part-time.
- We enjoy an average of 40 students per class for first-year courses.
- Over 98% of our full-time professors have a PhD.
- Our students come from across Canada and more than 100 countries.
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
With more than 65 renowned undergraduate and graduate programs in business, arts, sciences or engineering. We also have a very well-regarded Language Centre where people learn to speak English and how to teach English.
If you’re further along in your academic career, browse the many graduate program opportunities we offer (many of which are unique in the region).
Live in Halifax
Halifax is a great place to call your temporary home. Nestled on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, this port city of almost 400,000 is steeped in history and surrounded by natural beauty.
As Nova Scotia’s capital, Halifax is the major centre of the Maritimes and is the largest city east of Quebec City and north of Boston. With the downtown core and the Atlantic Ocean just steps away, you’ll find lots of great ways to spend your time between classes.
Indigenous student advisor
Raymond Sewell, our Indigenous student advisor, supports and engages Indigenous students at Saint Mary’s University. He’ll help you understand the many supports and opportunities available to you as an Indigenous student. Learn more.
Many Indigenous students go through their university careers not knowing all of the amazing scholarships and bursaries that are available to them. We’ll help you discover all the internal and external scholarships and bursaries you may be eligible for.
Indigenous Student Lounge
You are always welcome to visit the lounge in Burke 114. .
- Apply now
- Academic programs