After You've Applied
You’ve applied to Saint Mary's University — now what? Here are some next steps:
1. Check your Application Status
Applied but haven't heard from us yet? Make sure that you’ve completed the first-year applicant checklist. Have you:
- Completed the application online or sent the application to the Admissions & Records office at 923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS B3H 3C3
- Included $40 application fee
- Requested that your official high school transcript be sent directly to Systems & Records by your high school
- Sent a list of any courses you will be completing this year? If your current transcript does not include the incomplete courses that you intend to finish in high school, it is important that you send this information to Systems & Records. This includes a list of your second-semester courses if you are a high school student and this information is not listed on your transcript.
- Waited a minimum of two weeks for your application to be processed.
Check your application portal for updates. You will receive an email once a decision has been made. If you are a Gmail user, check your "Social” and “Promotions” tabs at the top of your inbox.
If you've have already done all of the above and still have questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for International students: Once you receive your official letter of acceptance in the mail, begin the application process for your study permit (visa). Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for information about applying for your study permit in your country of residence. The International Centre provides information to help you through this process.
2. Review our helpful Next Steps Guide
3. Join our Facebook Group
Connect with other incoming students and learn about contests and upcoming events by liking our Facebook page.
4. Visit the Campus
5. Apply for Student Visa*
Find out more at Citizenship & Immigration Canada.
*Only if you are an international student.
6. Register for Classes!*
Selecting and registering for your classes secures your seat at Saint Mary's and lets us know we'll see you when your semester starts. Register early to get the classes and timetable you want!
*Please note, registration for new undergraduate students open in late April/early May. Keep an eye on your email for updates!