Policies & Procedures
Students and staff are also directed to "Academic Regulations", Section 2 of the Saint Mary's University Graduate Academic Calendar. Note: Unless otherwise specified, each document is in PDF format.
- Legal Resources Policy
- Policy on the supervision of graduate students at Saint Mary's University
- Conflict of Interest in Research
- Faculty Handbook
- Graduate Student Handbook
- Guidelines for Granting Extension to Graduate Programs
- Guiding Principles for Graduate Student Supervision
- PhD Thesis Defence - Outcomes
- PhD Thesis Defense Procedures - Defense Agenda
- Senate Policy on Research Integrity in Research and Scholarship
- CFI Operations and Maintenance Guidelines
- Research Agreements Policy (Updated November 2021)
- Procedures for Proposing New Graduate Programs
- Guiding Principles in Proposing New Graduate Programs
- Masters Thesis & PhD Dissertation Defense Policy
- Policy on Changing Thesis Supervisors
- Thesis Submission Deadlines
Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
To access information, policies, procedures and forms in regard to research involving human participants from our Research Ethics Board, please click here.
To access information for both the Masters and Doctoral theses, please click here.