Financial Aid and Awards
Financial Aid & Awards administers financial support programs that are based on merit and need for undergraduate students studying at Saint Mary's University. Providing students with access to a variety of financial resources, tools, and information; by rewarding academic excellence with awards; offering valuable expertise on government loans and creating job opportunities for students through the Work-Study program.
Need help with your spending plan, figuring out your resources, or discussing special financial circumstances? Talk to one of the Financial Aid & Awards Officers for personalized support and advice.
Blended Service for Fall 2021
Effective July 5, 2021, Financial Aid & Awards will once again offer blended services for students.
- In-person appointments are available only to students.
- Services will be offered in 15-minute appointments at the Financial Aid & Awards Office, located in McNally Main, Room 108.
- Masks must be worn at all times, and all campus health and safety protocols must be followed.
- Students will be required to complete the Check In/Out Form when they arrive and leave Campus.
- Inquiries, questions, and forms can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your A# and full name).
- Phone services can be accessed by calling 902.496.8731 on Mondays from 1:00pm-4:00pm, and Tuesday-Friday from 9:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- For more in-depth advising, phone appointments are currently available Monday-Friday and can be booked by calling the number above or clicking the Book Now button below.
Meet our staff:
Marla Douglas, Assistant Registrar, Student Finances
Marla's experience working in banking strengthened her conviction that financial literacy helps students make sound financial decisions so that they can focus on their academic success while lessening their financial burdens.
Marcella Abreu, Financial Aid & Awards Officer
Marcella is passionate about the global community and international cultures. She will focus on helping you reach your academic goals by alleviating your financial pressures.
Taryn Hines, Financial Aid & Awards Officer
Taryn has a background in fine arts and a keen interest in health and wellness, including your financial wellbeing. She will help you navigate student loans and overcome financial barriers, so you can get the most out of your degree.
Financial Aid & Awards
Service Centre, McNally Main 108
T: (902) 496.8731
F: (902) 420.5151