Financial Aid & Awards
Financial Aid & Awards administers financial support programs that are based on merit and need for undergraduate students studying at Saint Mary's University. Providing students with access to a variety of financial resources, tools, and information; by rewarding academic excellence with awards; offering valuable expertise on government loans and creating job opportunities for students through the Work-Study program.
Need help with your spending plan, figuring out your resources, or discussing special financial circumstances? Talk to one of the Financial Aid & Awards Officers for personalized support and advice.
Blended Service For Winter 2021
Beginning January 18, 2021, Financial Aid & Awards will offer a blend of in-person and virtual services for students.
- In-person appointments are available only to students.
- Services will be offered in 15-minute appointments at the Financial Aid & Awards Office, located in McNally Main, Room 108.
- Masks must be worn at all times, and all campus health and safety protocols must be followed.
- Students will be required to complete the Check In/Out Form when they arrive and leave Campus.
- Inquiries, questions, and forms can be submitted to email@example.com (please include your A# and full name).
- Phone services can be accessed by calling 902.420.5609 on Mondays from 1:00pm-3:00pm, and Tuesday-Friday from 9:30am-11:00am and 1:00pm-3:00pm. **Please note: Phone services will not be available Friday, January 29th between 9:30am-11:00am.
- For more in-depth advising, phone appiointments are currently available Monday-Friday and can be booked by calling the number above.
Meet our staff:
Taryn Hines, Financial Aid & Awards Officer
Taryn has a background in fine arts and a keen interest in health and wellness, including your financial wellbeing. She will help you navigate student loans and overcome financial barriers, so you can get the most out of your degree.
Tara Whitney, Financial Aid & Awards Officer
The SMU-How2 Video Series is designed to help show our new students how to make a smoother transition into a new independent life at Saint Mary’s University.
Financial Aid & Awards
Service Centre, McNally Main 108
T: (902) 420.5609
F: (902) 420.5151