About Degree Works
Degree Works is an online audit tool that helps students and advisors manage and track academic progress. It makes it easy for you to see program requirements, what courses you have completed and what you still need in order to graduate.
Degree Works is available to all Saint Mary’s students on Self-Service Banner.
What does it do?
Degree Works helps you map out your degree or program, make informed decisions and graduate as quickly as possible.
With Degree Works, you can see real-time information such as:
- Student and program information
- Courses and requirements (outstanding and fulfilled)
- Final marks
- Major/Degree GPA needed for graduation
- Transfer courses
- Course exceptions
- Course equivalents
- Advisor notes
- Insufficient and repeated classes
- Extra courses
Considering changing your major or degree? Degree Works lets you run “What If” scenarios to see how your courses would apply to another major/degree.
A degree audit in Degree Works is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements. You are advised to compare this evaluation to the regulations in the Academic Calendar. If there is a discrepancy, the Academic Calendar will be considered correct.
Who can access Degree Works?
- Any student who has enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate at Saint Mary’s University since September 2017 or students changing programs or declaring a new major in 2018-19 should use Degree Works.
- If you are more than half way through your program, continue to use CAPP for advising purposes.
- Program advisors can also access Degree Works to better assist students.
As always, if you have any questions regarding program requirements, please contact your academic advisor.
Find the Degree Works tool on Self-Service Banner.