International Centre for Co-operative Management
International Centre for Co-operative Management
Education and Research that Fits the Co-operative Business Model
We are leaders in rigorous and dynamic research and education focused on co-operative management and governance. We cultivate a deep understanding of co-operatives, credit unions and mutuals within a globalized education curriculum (with on-line and in-person options) and research programs. If you're looking for a different type of targeted and advanced education and research that recognizes the unique co-operative approach to business, our programs are for you.
Online, part-time programs
- Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions (3 years)
- Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management (20 months)
- Certificate in Co-operative Management (10 months)
In-person, short courses
- Excellence in Member-centric Governance and Management - December 9-10, 2020; February 17-18, 2021 (online).
- CanadaDE (Credit Union Development Education) Leadership Program - Postponed until May 16-20, 2021 (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada).
- The Co-operative Business Model: Excellence in Leadership and Management offered in a 1 to 3-day formats.
- Enhancing Business Performance through Co-operative Management Practices - a 3-day learning and networking event.
- Co-operative Finance and Capital - offered in a 1 to 3-day formats.
- Dates and locations by request by interested partners. Reach out to us at email@example.com
International Co-operative Study Tours
- Co-operative Tours to Italy - Postponed and more details to come once the Covid-19 situation has settled
- International Co-operative Study Tour - October 2021 (Location to be confirmed)
Check out our video to learn more:
- International Co-operative Governance Symposium, June 17-19, 2021
- Social Enterprise World Forum, September 2021 (Halifax, NS, Canada) with a pre-conference research and practitioner symposium hosted at Saint Mary's University
Engage with us in research and education that is focused on elevating the understanding and practice of governance in co-operatives. Learn more.
Strategic Co-operative Leadership - Free Webinars
We host free webinars offered by sector leaders on special topics in co-operative business, management, governance, economics and social movements. See recordings here: enjoy the recordings of the 2019-20 webinars. Register now for the Fall 2020 Series!
Another Way? How about Business Conversions to Co-operatives (hosted by Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada) featuring two of our faculty members - Dr. Marcelo Vieta and Dr. Fiona Duguid (Find the recording and the slides here) (was held September 9)
The Co-operative Model - Its Contributions to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and New Economic Paradigms with Sonja Novkovic (hosted by the ICA Coop Academy #coops4dev) (Find the recording here) (was held October 2)
October 15, 1pm ADT (12pm EDT): Co-operatives and New Economic Paradigms with Sonja Novkovic (Find the recording here)
November 3, 1pm ADT (12pm EDT): The Co-operative Advantage with Dr. Daniel Côté (Register here)
November 18 1:30-3pm EST (2:30pm AST): Passing the Torch - Propelling Co-ops Forward with Erin Hancock, Iva Jankovic (Master's student), Josh Noble (Graduate Diploma graduate), Tim Ross (This webinar is hosted by Canada's Emerging Co-operators, Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada) (Register here)
November 23, 2:00-3:15pm AST (1pm EST): Indigenous Rights and Inclusion in Co-operatives with Dr. Priscilla Settee & Dr. Isobel Findlay (Register here)
November 30, 1-2:00pm AST (12pm EST): Indigenous Rights and Inclusion in Co-operatives with Mary Nirlungayuk (Arctic Co-operatives Ltd.), Joanne Stone-Campbell (Vancity Credit Union) and Lisa Clatney (Saskatoon Community Clinic). (Register here)
Informational webinar - Learn about programs and opportunities
Attend one of our online webinars to get a better understanding of our programs and opportunities from the comfort of your own office, anywhere in the world. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The next webinar will take place:
- October 28 at 1pm ADT (12pm EDT), Register here
- November 10 at 1:30pm ADT (12 pm EDT), Register here
- November 24 at 1pm ADT (12 pm EDT), Register here
View a webinar recording here if you want to view it on your own time.
If you would like to be informed about upcoming webinars or to set up a one-on-one session over the phone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Bursary Fund
If you would like to support the co-operative system with a contribution to the bursary fund, please click this link to make a charitable donation today.
Stay informed with the E-News
Subscribe here. The International Centre for Co-operative Management E-News provides the latest highlights on our co-op education, research and other exciting developments. View our May E-News ' Stay calm, co-op on!'.