International Centre for Co-operative Management
International Centre for Co-operative Management
Education and Research that Fits the Co-operative Business Model
We are leaders in rigorous and dynamic research and education focused on co-operative management and governance. We cultivate a deep understanding of co-operatives, credit unions and mutuals within a globalized education curriculum (with on-line and in-person options) and research programs. If you're looking for a different type of targeted and advanced education and research that recognizes the unique co-operative approach to business, our programs are for you.
Online, part-time programs
- Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions (3 years)
- Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management (20 months)
- Certificate in Co-operative Management (10 months)
- Note: Master’s and Diploma face-to-face orientation will be August 8-13, 2020 or a virtual alternative will be arranged if Covid-19 prevents travel at that time (to be confirmed at a later date)
In-person, short courses
- CanadaDE (Credit Union Development Education) Leadership Program - Postponed until May 16-20, 2021 (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada).
- Excellence in Member-centric Governance and Management - offered in conjunction with the IMPACT Conference (NCBA CLUSA), Washington DC, USA, October 5-9, 2020 (potential for online offering - details to be announced).
- The Co-operative Business Model: Excellence in Leadership and Management offered in a 1 to 3 day formats.
- Enhancing Business Performance through Co-operative Management Practices - a 3 day learning and networking event.
- Co-operative Finance and Capital - offered in a 1 to 3 day formats.
- Dates and locations by request by interested partners. Reach out to us to us at email@example.com
International Co-operative Study Tours
- Co-operative Tours to Italy - Postponed and more details to come once the Covid-19 situation has settled
- International Co-operative Study Tour - October 2021 (Location to be confirmed)
Check out our video to learn more:
"What role can co-operatives play in energizing a just economy post pandemic?" - answer this question to enter our contest to win up to $1000 credit towards our programs! First, seccond and third place prizes. See Co-op Contest! for more details.
- Excellence in Member-centric Governance and Management - offered in conjunction with the IMPACT Conference (NCBA CLUSA), Washington DC, USA, October 5-9, 2020 (potential for online offering - details to be announced)
- International Co-operative Governance Symposium, June 17-19, 2021
- Social Enterprise World Forum, September 15-17, 2021 (Halifax, NS, Canada) with a pre-conference research and practitioner symposium hosted at Saint Mary's University by the Centre
Special Topics Webinar Series
- Living our Co-op Values: Applying an Intercultural Development Model to Achieve Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion with LaDonna Redmond happened on Feb 19, 2020 and the webinar recording can be found here.
- Learn What Content Marketing and the Fifth Co-operative Principle have in Common (and how to leverage it) with Michael T. Jackson happened on Mar 11, 2020 and the webinar recording can be found here.
- Co-operation and the Preston Model: Beyond 'Urban Regeneration' with Julian Manley happened on Mar 24, 2020 and the recording can be found here.
- Break Free from Our Systems Prison - A Human Centred Way of Thinking About and Managing Co-operatives with Bob Cannell on Apr 22, 2020 and the recording can be found here.
- Lessons from Argentina's Worker Recuperated Enterprises: Co-operatives in Times of Crisis with Marcelo Vieta on May 27, 2020 and the recording can be found here. The slides from the session are available Co-operatives in Times of Crisis. Vieta Webinar
Informational webinar - Learn about programs and opportunities
Attend one of our online webinars to get a better understanding of our programs and opportunities from the comfort of your own office, anywhere in the world. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The next webinars will take place:
View a webinar recording here.
If you would like to be informed about upcoming webinars or to set up a one-on-one session over the phone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned with E-News
Subscribe here. The International Centre for Co-operative Management E-News provides the latest highlights on our co-op education, research and other exciting developments. View our May E-News ' Stay calm, co-op on!'.
Donate to the Co-operative Management Bursary!
It is vital that our educational programs are accessible to emerging leaders in the co-operative economy. Each year, up to 50 percent of our Master's and Diploma students draw on the support of the Leadership in Co-operative Management Bursary.
Help us to grow the bursary fund. All funds go directly to students. Enable education, access and co-operation by donating today!