Purchase a Permit
So long, hangtags! Our parking has transitioned to a fully online paperless system.
This portal registers your parking permit with your car’s license plate number.
No more misplacing your hangtag, as nothing needs to be displayed in the car.
2023/24 Academic Year
Permits will be available to purchase on August 22nd, 2023.
REMINDER: If you have outstanding parking tickets, you will not be able to buy a new permit until the tickets are paid.
If you have questions about your ticket, please contact security at email@example.com or 902-420-5577
How to Register
Students, Staff and Faculty - To qualify for a parking permit, please complete the following steps:
- You must be a registered Saint Mary’s University student, staff or faculty member.
- You must register yourself on the Ops-Com website and enter the following information on your profile:
- Your full name, email, address and student ID or employee ID (Your A number)
- Your vehicle information (make, year, colour)
- Your license plate number (ensure this is 100% correct, as your permit registers to the plate number)
- Once you have registered your account and you have entered all necessary information, please wait 1-2 days for your account to be validated. Please be patient as we must manually verify your status as a student/staff/faculty member. When your account is validated, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you receive your validation email, navigate to the “permits” tab on your Ops-Com profile. On this page, you should see the available permits and you can complete your payment online. If your account hasn’t been validated and you haven’t received a confirmation email, the permits will not show up on the “permits” tab.
- Once your payment is completed, your permit is active. No need to display anything in the car.
The purchase of a general parking permit does not guarantee a spot. Parking spots are first-come, first-served. We suggest arriving early to campus to allow enough time to find a space. General permits are not valid at parking meters, pay & display spaces, in faculty designated spaces, or in the Homburg members-only spaces.
General permits are valid in all general parking spaces on campus. More information on general parking spaces can be found on our Parking Map. The cost of these permits will be prorated according to the month they are purchased. Summer permits are non-refundable and are not prorated.
If you have any questions please reach out to facilities management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Student 8-month General Permit||September 1st - April 30th||$311.00|
|Student 4-month General Permit (Summer)||May 1st - August 31st||TBA|
Students living in residence are eligible to apply for underground parking.
Staff and Faculty Permits
General permits are valid in all general parking spaces on campus. More information on general parking spaces can be found on our Parking Map. The cost of these permits will be prorated according to the month they are purchased.
|Staff General Permit - Yearly||September 1st - August 31st||$539.00|
|Faculty General Permit - Yearly||September 1st - August 31st||$586.00|
|Part-time Faculty - Yearly||September 1st - August 31st||
Complimentary (employment contract required)
Part-time faculty permits must be manually approved and assigned by Facilities Management. At the start of each year, please email email@example.com to inquire about receiving your part-time faculty permit.
The payroll deduction cut-off for the 2023/24 academic year is on September 21st, 2023. Payroll deduction will no longer be a payment option past this date.
NEW EMPLOYEES - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to acquire a custom payroll deduction form that has been prorated based on your start date.