Purchase a Permit
So long, hangtags! Our parking has transitioned to a fully online paperless system. This portal registers your parking permit with your car’s license plate number. No more misplacing your hangtag, as nothing needs to be displayed in the car.
Info on this Page:
- How to Register
- Student Permits
- Staff and Faculty Permits
- Payroll Deduction
NOTICE: As of September 2021, all student parking permits are SOLD OUT. If all permits are sold out, please follow the steps below to create an account and join an online waitlist. Once your account has been validated and you have joined the waitlist, please be patient and you will be notified if a permit becomes available to you.
Parking on campus without a valid permit will result in a parking ticket.
How to Register
Students, Staff and Faculty - To qualify for a parking permit, please complete the following steps:
- You must be a registered Saint Mary’s University student, staff or faculty member.
- You must register yourself on the Ops-Com website and enter the following information on your profile:
- Your full name, email, address and student ID or employee ID (Your A number)
- Your vehicle information (make, year, colour)
- Your license plate number (ensure this is 100% correct, as your permit registers to the plate number)
- Once you have registered your account and you have entered all necessary information, please wait 1-2 days for your account to be validated. Please be patient as we must manually verify your status as a student/staff/faculty member. When your account is validated, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you receive your validation email, navigate to the “permits” tab on your Ops-Com profile. On this page, you should see the available permits and you can complete your payment online. If your account hasn’t been validated and you haven’t received a confirmation email, the permits will not show up on the “permits” tab.
- Once your payment is completed, your permit is active. No need to display anything in the car!
PLEASE NOTE: The purchase of a general parking permit does not guarantee a spot. Parking spots are first-come, first-served. We suggest arriving early to campus to allow enough time to find a space. General permits are not valid at parking meters, pay & display spaces, in faculty designated spaces, or in the Homburg members-only spaces.
General permits are valid in all general parking spaces on campus. More information on general parking spaces can be found on our Parking Map. The cost of these permits will be prorated according to the month they are purchased. Summer permits are non-refundable and are not prorated.
|Student 8-month General Permit||September 1st - April 30th||$296.00|
|Student 12-month General Permit||September 1st - August 31st||$420.00|
|Student Summer Permit||May 1st - August 31st||$138.00|
Students living in residence are eligible to apply for underground parking. Find more information here.
TIP: Parking goes live every year at 12:00 am midnight on August 25th. Ensure you have the best chance of securing a parking permit by registering your account on Ops-com before the parking goes live. Please be sure to apply for your permit on the day the parking goes live. Any permit purchases prior to August 25th will be voided without notice.
Staff and Faculty Permits
General permits are valid in all general parking spaces on campus. More information on general parking spaces can be found on our Parking Map. The cost of these permits will be prorated according to the month they are purchased. Please be sure to apply for your permit on the day the parking goes live. Any permit purchases prior to August 25th will be voided without notice.
|Staff General Permit - Yearly||September 1st - August 31st||$513.00|
|Faculty General Permit - Yearly||September 1st - August 31st||$558.00|
|Part-time Faculty - Yearly||September 1st - August 31st||
Complimentary (employment contract required)
***Part-time faculty permits must be manually approved and assigned by Facilities Management. At the start of each year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about receiving your part-time faculty permit.
Are you Staff or Faculty paying with Payroll Deduction? You need to submit additional documentation to Facilities Management.
Please download the fillable form based on your permit type and email the completed form to email@example.com with your first and last name in the subject line.
NOTE: The 2021 cut-off for Payroll Deduction was on September 24th, 2021. Facilities Management only accepts payroll deduction forms after this cut-off date for new employees.