Our security officers are responsible for ticketing vehicles that violate SMU parking regulations. Ticketable offenses are as follows:
- Violations for meters with elapsed time or malfunctioning meters. Report all ‘out of order’ meters to University Security, McNally Main Basement. Parking permits are not valid at parking meters.
- Parking on campus without a permit.
- Parking in an area not designated as a parking area or using the incorrect type of permit.
- Parking in an area that obstructs a fire hydrant, a loading/service door, a fire exit or parking in a fire lane.
- Parking on grass, lawn or walkways.
- Parking in an area that blocks a roadway, driveway, or entranceway.
- Parking in a “No Parking” area that is designated by a sign, yellow curb or pavement markings.
- Parking in a mobility disabled parking space without a university permit and a Registry of Motor Vehicle’s Mobility Disabled Identification Permit Plate or Tag.
The cost of a SMU parking ticket is $25.00. Tickets can be paid online with Visa or Mastercard by logging into your Ops-com account and navigating to the "payments" tab. Tickets are also payable to the secretary in the Facilities Management office, McNally South Building, MS011 between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Only Saint Mary’s parking tickets can be paid here. Please note that all parking tickets must be paid before purchasing a parking permit.
How to Pay your ticket online if you are not registered on Ops-com
Parking violations can be paid online anonymously via Guest Payment. Please visit the link below and follow these steps to make a secure online payment.
- Navigate to the login window and select “Lookup your ticket”.
- From there, enter the ticket number, and search.
- Click on “anonymous payment” to display the payment window.
- Select your payment option and your email address for the receipt.
- Click “submit payment”.
- Enter your payment information and click “pay now”.
Received a ticket that you would like to appeal? Individuals have 24 hours to appeal after receiving a ticket.
To appeal a ticket, please fill in the attached form below and submit it with the violation either by email to email@example.com or in-person to the security office in the McNally Main basement. Please ensure you are being as detailed as possible in your appeal for an accurate and timely ruling.