Visit Important Dates to view upcoming payment deadlines.
View your Account Summary by Term in Self Service Banner for your term balance.
Paying on behalf of a student?
The University considers the student to be the owner of their account and therefore is not able to release information to third parties, including parents. We appreciate your understanding of our commitment to protect student privacy and remain compliant with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Nova Scotia.
Preferred Payment Methods
Although Saint Mary's cannot accept credit card payments for tuition, student fees or residence charges, we offer several other payment options:
Questions or Concerns?
If you are having trouble or have questions about making a payment, please contact us at Service.Centre@smu.ca.
- If you are making a payment from outside of Canada, use our GlobalPay for Students service.
- Sign in to your online banking.
- Add "Saint Mary's University" as a bill payee.
- TD Bank customers, please search by: ST Mary’s University.
- The account/customer number is your student ID (A#).
- Allow 2-4 business days for your payment to appear on your Account Summary by Term.
- Visit our office (McNally Main 108) to pay with a Canadian debit card.
- Note: All debit cards have daily purchase limits unless you make arrangements with your bank in advance to increase your limit. The best way to pay and avoid a daily limit is to use our online banking option.
- Near the tuition deadline, wait times to make a payment will be longer.
- Make payable to Saint Mary's University.
- Include student ID (A#), first and last name on cheque or money order.
- Mail or drop off cheques to the Service Centre:
After hours cheque drop-offs can be placed in the secure mailslot located in the McNally Main hallway.
- Students whose fees are paid by a government or sponsoring agency must present a signed statement, certificate or other supporting documentation to the Service Centre for payment.