Book an Appointment
Appointments are offered in-person, by phone, and sometimes virtually. We recommend allowing one hour for your appointment time in case your appointment runs late.
You can book your appointment by calling the Student Health Clinic at 902-420-5611 or online through Pomelo Health. Through Pomelo Health, you can book, cancel, and reschedule appointments, and communicate and send files with clinic staff. Urgent appointments may be booked by phone.
Appointments are available to all Saint Mary's students up to one year after graduation.
Cancelling or Rescheduling Your Appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you must do so by no later than 2:00 p.m. Atlantic time on the business day (Monday to Friday) before your appointment.
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, call the Health Clinic at 902-420-5611 or update your appointment in Pomelo Health.
If you do not attend your scheduled appointment or cancel without proper notice, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $50, collectible before your next appointment.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Patients will be provided with a COVID-19 screening before their appointment and are expected to follow the university’s COVID-19 protocols.
To prepare for your appointment:
- Complete any documents sent to you in advance of your appointments.
- For in-person appointments, arrive 10 minutes before your appointment and check in at the reception desk.
- For phone appointments, turn your ringer on and monitor your phone before your appointment.
- For virtual appointments, log in 10 minutes before your appointment using the link sent to your email. Remain logged in until the doctor joins the appointment.
- Bring your provincial health card, such as your MSI card.
- International students who have the SMUSA International Basic Health Plan must present their international health plan card when booking their appointment and visiting the clinic.
- Know your medical history.
- Let us know your preferred name and pronouns.