How to get to Halifax and Saint Mary's University from the Trans-Canada Highway and Halifax International Airport.
Getting to Saint Mary's By Car:
- Follow the Trans-Canada (NS Highway 104) from New Brunswick.
- Take Exit #15 to get on Highway 102 south (careful, this is the only exit to Halifax).
- Halifax is a pleasant drive away, 100 kilometres (about one hour).
- Follow directions as described below to get from Highway 102 into the city.
To get to the Loyola Residence Desk (check in):
- Turn left onto Inglis Street, proceed to the first intersection and turn right on Tower Road.
- Continue along Tower until you reach Gorsebrook Avenue where you will turn right and proceed to Loyola Residence, the 22-storey highrise on the right located at 5865 Gorsebrook Avenue.
From the Airport
- Follow the signs at the airport which direct you to Highway 102 South (Exit 6) and Halifax.
- It's about 40 kilometres from the airport to Saint Mary's University (about 40 minutes).
- From Highway 102 into the City
- Once on Highway 102 South, stay in the right lane. You will come to a fork in the Highway at Exit 5 - stay to the right and continue along the 102 (do not take the exit to Dartmouth).
- Continue along Highway 102 until it ends. It becomes Bayers Road in Halifax. Be careful as you enter the city - the speed limit drops to 70km/hr and then to 50km/hr.
- Just past the Halifax Shopping Centre, turn right on Connaught Avenue.
- Continue along Connaught until you reach the end of the street. There you will turn left on Jubilee Road.
- Continue along Jubilee until you reach Robie Street where you will turn right.
- Take Robie to Inglis Street. Saint Mary's University will be in front of you on the left.