Reporting Incidents & Injuries
Reporting Incidents and Injuries
In the event of a medical or other emergency:
- Call either 911 or 5000 University Security Emergency. University Security will ensure the ambulance is dispatched, send University Security staff that are trained in First Aid, CPR and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and escort the Emergency Health Services staff to the scene of the incident.
- Give as much information as you can, including your name, telephone number, exact location, type of emergency and any other factors that could affect the safety of other.
- Someone should stay with the injured person, if it is safe to do so to await assistance from University Security or Emergency Health Services.
- If you call 911 and have given all the foregoing particulars, please also call University Security at 420-5000 to alert them of an emergency.
Your responsibilities when you have a health and safety injury or incident:
- If you are injured, promptly receive first aid.
- Notify your supervisor immediately.
- If necessary, obtain medical treatment.
Your supervisor's responsibilities when there has been a health and safety injury or incident:
- Ensure that the first aid and other medical treatment is received.
- Promptly investigate the injury or incident to determine the causes.
- Complete the Injury/Incident Report Form which can be obtained in Human Resources, McNally South 111 or in Occupational Health and Safety, McNally South 116 within 2 business days of the incident or injury.
- Take appropriate corrective actions to prevent a recurrence.