Training & Development
Whether you are looking for an executive transformational experience for your leadership, like the EMBA program; or hoping to develop your rising stars with a credential achievement like an HR certificate; or offer a skill-building project management course to a project team, the Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University is your best choice.
- Degree Options for Employees
- Executive Education & Professional Development
Degree Options for Employees
A degree can measurably boost your earning potential, your capacity to attain leadership positions and your range of skills and knowledge. Sobey School strives to build flexibility into our programs to help you achieve success on your terms.
Consider these options:
- Executive Master of Business Administration is structured to accommodate busy executives. Classes are held onsite on alternate Friday and Saturdays.
- MBA (CPA Stream): Created specifically for those employed in the accounting field and hoping to achieve a degree along with their professional credential. The program is part-time, 36 months.
- Part-time MBA: By taking classes during evenings or weekends, your employees can achieve their professional degree while still maintaining their current career.
- Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions: Professionals in the co-operative sector can take this degree (or the Graduate Diploma option) part-time, online, and achieve value for their co-op right away.
- Bachelor of Commerce: Whether investing in front line workers, or mid-level employees who need a broader understanding of business to progress, the Sobey School of Business offers one of the few Bachelor of Commerce programs in this area that you can achieve on a part-time basis.
The Certificates in Human Resource Management and Financial Instrument Analysis both draw on credit courses offered by the Sobey School of Business. They are ideal for those already working in, or those wishing to enter these fields. These Certificates can be completed as stand-alone programs or concurrently with a BComm, BSc or BA from Saint Mary's.
Executive Education & Professional Development
Develop skills and realize potential
Do you want to develop new skills, expertise, and insights? Stretch your understanding and awareness? Take newfound knowledge and practices back to the workplace? You've arrived at the right place.
We've been helping people like you develop the skills necessary to succeed for over two decades. We offer programs that are relevant and practical. We know how hard it is to fit self-development into a busy schedule so that’s why we make our learning flexible and results-oriented. It’s well worth your time. Check our full course listing here to find a program right for you.