Training & Development
The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University offers a full range of professional development education.
A degree can measurably boost the student's earning potential, capacity to attain leadership positions and range of skills and knowledge. Sobey School strives to build flexibility into our programs to help students make an impact with purpose.
Consider these options:
- Executive Master of Business Administration is structured to accommodate busy executives. Classes are held onsite on alternate Friday and Saturdays.
- MBA (CPA Stream): Created specifically for those employed in the accounting field and hoping to achieve a degree along with their professional credential. The program is part-time, 36 months.
- Part-time MBA: By taking classes during evenings or weekends, students can achieve their professional degree in 30 months while still maintaining their current career.
- Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions: Professionals in the co-operative sector can take this degree (or the Graduate Diploma option) part-time, online, and achieve value for their co-op right away.
- Bachelor of Commerce: Whether investing in front line workers, or mid-level employees who need a broader understanding of business to progress, the Sobey School of Business offers one of the few Bachelor of Commerce programs in this area that you can achieve on a part-time basis.
The Certificate in Human Resource Management draws on credit courses offered by the Sobey School of Business. It is ideal for those already working in, or those wishing to enter HR. The Certificate can be completed as a stand-alone program or concurrently with a BComm, BSc or BA from Saint Mary's.
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Advanced Economics (coming soon)
Develop skills and realize potential
Do you want to develop new skills, expertise, and insights? Stretch your understanding and awareness? Take newfound knowledge and practices back to the workplace? You've arrived at the right place.
We've been helping people like you develop the skills necessary to succeed for over two decades. We offer programs that are relevant and practical. We know how hard it is to fit self-development into a busy schedule so that’s why we make our learning flexible and results-oriented. It’s well worth your time. Check our full course listing here to find a program right for you.