Arts with Impact Speaker Series
The Faculty is pleased to offer the Arts with Impact Speaker Series. The intent of the series is to enhance students' awareness of the value of an Arts degree and the career paths open to them, through the stories and experiences of others. The initiative operates at the Department/Program level, whereby units identify appropriate guest speakers who can speak to the significance of the Arts in contemporary society. See the Arts Speakers Series guidelines and application. Submission deadlines are October 15, December 15 and February 15.
The Orientation Handbook for New Faculty in Arts has been designed for new colleagues, based on extensive feedback from Saint Mary's community. Updated in 2021, this Handbook should provide guidance, direction, and support.
- Department Recommendation of New Part-time Checklist [Word]
- Department Review of Part-time Checklist [Word]
- Part-time Recommendation Form [Word - legal size]
- Adjunct Recommendation Checklist [Word]
- University Appointments Committee (UAC) Checklist [PDF](Please submit to the Dean's office 1 original and 6 copies.)
- Thesis Supervision Form [Word] (see Article 16.5.1)
Please submit completed forms to the Dean of Arts Office, McNally Main 218, by the nearest deadline date both before and after travelling:
January 3, March 31, May 31, July 31, September 30, and November 30.
Upon Return From Travel:
- Expense Report forms are available on the Financial Services department's SMUport channel.
- If you are not a member of the SMUport community, access the forms here.
For more details on travel-related expenses, please refer to Financial Services' Travel Information page.
- Student Teaching Assistant Application Form
- Teaching Assistant Agreement
- Declaration of Extenuating Circumstances (Arts) (fillable PDF form)
- Faculty research profiles: Fill out this online form to request a new profile/bio page using the university's current web template. (Examples of current Arts faculty profiles.)
- Other web content updates: For assistance from the university's web team, use the Website Update form in the EIT client support portal to submit requests for new content or content updates.
- Graphic design requests: Submit a Communications Intake Form for professional graphic design work from SMU Creative Services. For photography requests, use the same form.
- SMU Branding: The Saint Mary's Brand website provides access to templates and guidance on using the university's brand.
- Events Calendar: Submit your event to the SMU Events Calendar using the event submission form, available in the top left corner of the calendar. (Submit images in jpg or png format; include 'arts' in keywords section so your event will also appear on the Faculty of Arts homepage.)
- Faculty of Arts communications: Contact the Communications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, via MS Teams or phone at (902) 210-5547, or stop by MM 214B to discuss your communications request.