Tax Forms

Student Tax Forms

Current and former students can access tax forms (2005- present) online in Self Service Banner under the Canadian Tax Forms section. Tax forms for the previous year are available each February (ex. 2021 will be available in February 2022).

Having issues logging in to Self Service Banner? Contact with your full name, date of birth and student number (if known).

The Service Centre prepares two tax forms for students:

T2202A- Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate:

This is an official tax credit certificate confirming eligible tuition/fees and months of study for the previous tax year. Students can use this for their own tax return or transfer it to a family member. Additional information about T2202A tax forms can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

T4A- Other Income:

Students who received a scholarship, bursary and/or the Nova Scotia University Student Bursary for more than $500 will have a T4A mailed to their address. Students can also print the T4A in Self Service Banner.


Helpful Tips:

  • If the PDF form will not open, disable your web browser’s pop up blocker and refresh the page.
  • Tax forms represent the tax year January- December. This means first year students will only receive a T2202A and T4A for their first term. The second term will be applied to the next tax year.
  • If you have questions about filing your taxes, contact a qualified accountant or the Canada Revenue Agency. We recommend reading the CRA’s publication for students, P105 Students and Income Tax.
  • International students looking for information about how to file taxes in Canada may contact International Student Services at .

Questions about accessing T2202A/T4A tax forms, contact the Service Centre