M.A. in History
Information for Prospective Students
Master of Arts in History
The Saint Mary's History Department has particular strengths in Atlantic Canada and Quebec, East Asia, the Americas, Britain and Europe from the16th through to the 20th century.
- Public, Community and Applied History
- Migration and Settlement History
- History of Culture and Memory
The Benefits of Studying Graduate History at Saint Mary’s
- The one-year MA Program in History is small and collegial, and is offered to both full and part time students.
- Enrollments are limited, allowing faculty members to devote time and energy to fostering the research skills of each masters’ student.
- Generous fellowships are available.
- Opportunities also exist for working as teaching assistants.
Honours bachelor’s degree in History or equivalent
Application Deadlines and Key Dates
International: February 1
Canadian and Permanent Residents: February 1 (if requesting funding) or May 15 (self-funded)
Program Start Date: September
Minimum time to completion: 1 year
Dr. Kirrily Freeman
Office Number: McNally North 232