Applied Psychology IndustrialOrganizational Stream
Information for Prospective Students
MSc in Applied Psychology (Industrial/Organizational Psychology)
The MSc in Applied Psychology (I/O) offers excellent training in a vibrant research-active atmosphere, with a scientist-practitioner approach to the scientific study of human behavior in organizations and the workplace. I/O Psychology focuses on deriving principles of individual, group and organizational behavior and applying this knowledge to solving problems at work. Graduates leave equipped with the skills for either applied work in organizations or for further PhD-level studies in I/O psychology. Our exceptional and well-recognized faculty offer courses in Industrial Psychology, Organizational Psychology, and the latest developments in psychological methods. Our students apply their learning during a paid internship in the field, and through teaching and research assistantships. Students also conduct and defend their own original research through their Master’s thesis.
The Benefits of Doing an MSc in Applied Psychology (I/O Psychology) at Saint Mary's
- Learn to help organizations recruit, select, and manage the performance of employees
- Learn to deal with critical organizational issues such as leadership, workplace fairness (including gender issues), workplace conflict, work motivation and occupational health.
- Develop and apply organizationally relevant research skills including state-of-the art quantitative analysis
- Obtain valuable, paid internship experience
- Join a network of successful alumni who are working in the field
- Work with the largest concentration of I/O faculty members in Canada and connect with the CN Centre for Occupational Health & Safety.
An honours degree in Psychology (or equivalent)
Application Deadlines and Key Dates
- International: December 15
- Canadian and permanent residents: December 15
- Program Start Date: September
- Minimum time to completion: 2 years
Dr. Debra Gilin
McNally South 321