This program helps managers navigate the day to day and annual obligations of operational management. Participants will assess their strengths and weaknesses and develop goal plans for increased effectiveness. You will examine the critical need for alignment throughout the organization and how you play a role in creating it.
Effectiveness includes both strategic, high level planning and day to day prioritization and delegation techniques. Managers are most effective when they spend their time working on things that add value, at the appropriate level.
In the 21st century, managers are the main drivers for the organizational implementation of innovation and creativity. Understanding the benefits and skill of leading for innovative change enables the manager to achieve sustainable growth.
This course will explore Operational Excellence in an engaging and open environment where all participants learn from each other.
Operational Excellence is part of the Certificate in Advanced Skills for New Managers.
REQUIREMENTS: You must complete the Certificate in Skills for New Managers before registering for this certificate. The certificate must be completed before the end of December 2022.
(Online: 3 partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- November 23 - 25, 2022
Cascading Alignment and Organizational Planning
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Cascading to the Individual Performance Plan (IPP)
- Developing and managing operational budgets
- Measuring and monitoring success
Improving Organizational Communication
- All-ways and Always Communication
- Using technology to enhance communication
- Identifying and removing communication barriers
- Meeting Effectiveness
- Change theories and how they apply to the workplace
- Cultivating competency to assist yourself and others in embracing change
- Change as an opportunity to succeed
- Mastering change as a motivational tool
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the seminar, you will know how to:
- Understand, create and follow organizational plans
- Improve organizational communication
- Create and support a culture of innovation
- Lead your team through challenging changes
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- have taken the Certificate in Skills for New Managers
- are in a management or team leader position in Private, Public or Not for Profit Organizations
- are in a management/leadership position without benefit of previous training
- wish to update your skills and prepare to move to the next level in your career
- are a “team lead” with indirect reports or shared employees