Budgets are a powerful tool to drive financial performance, provided they are done right. Understanding how budgets should be prepared, reviewed and compared to actual results will make the budget process in your organization more efficient.
Operational Budgets is a required seminar for the Series for Excellence in Financial Management.
(Online: 3 partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- December 1 - 2, 2022
How Do We Budget
- Factors to consider
- Who owns this number?
- Revenue and expense dependencies
How Do We Review Budgets
- Learn how to compare to actual results
- Understanding assumptions
- When are budgets revised?
Analysing Performance with Budgets
- Analysing the actual results – what happened
- Comparing actual with budgeted
- Calculating variances
What You Will Learn
- How to prepare a budget
- A better understanding of analysing budgets
- How to review a budget prepared by others
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are new to being responsible for budgets
- are unsure how to review a budget
- wish to understand the budget process more thoroughly