Advanced Leadership for New Managers
You will benefit from this program if you have not received training in the role of a leader as you have progressed through your career. You will also benefit if you are committed to life-long learning and want to continue your professional development in an open and engaging environment. The ever-changing role of a manager/team leader is the focus of this program.
Beginning with your ability to understand your self, your style and your values as a leader, we will explore how to maximize your personal effectiveness as a leader.
Advanced Leadership for New Managers is part of the Certificate in Advanced Skills for New Managers.
PRE-SEMINAR PREPARATION: Self-assessment is a key ingredient in this seminar. To help you understand your current management competency, you will be asked to do an online assessment. When you complete the assessment, a report that is yours to keep and use during the seminar will be created.
REQUIREMENTS: You must complete the Certificate in Skills for New Managers before registering for this certificate. Seminars can be taken individually. The certificate must be completed before the end of December 2022.
(Online: 3 partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- October 5 - 7, 2022
Psychometric Profiling for Management
- Complete a Leadership Competency Extended DISC™ Assessment
- Receive a 25-page assessment report that can be used as a career path development tool
- Understanding Leadership Competency Benchmarking
- Using DISC in coaching, developing, motivating and effectiveness
- Emotional Intelligence and leadership
- Social Intelligence
- The role of a leader
- Prioritization and Time Use Effectiveness
- Decision Making
- Understanding your leadership expectations
- Working with your leader- “Managing Up”
- Self care and mindfulness
- Building Resilience
- Seeking feedback and measuring performance
Creating a Personal Action Plan
- Develop a 'Go Forward' action plan to focus your own personal and professional development and to integrate into your career development plans
What You Will Learn
- A better understanding of you and your leadership style, and a better understanding of other styles to lead them more effectively
- Understand how to effectively plan the time of yourself and team members
- Use delegation to develop your team members, and as a bonus free up time for yourself
- Be accountable for your own actions and the actions of your team members
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- have completed the Certificate in Skills for New Managers
- are in a management or team leader position in Private, Public or Not for Profit Organizations
- are in a management/leadership position without benefit of previous training
- wish to update your skills and prepare to move to the next level in your career
- are a “team lead” with indirect reports or shared employees