Leadership is all about influence. Becoming a Good Boss demands an openness to continual growth.
In Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best and Learn from the Worst, Robert Sutton helps us understand why self-assessment, reflection, feedback, knowledge and experience will be key to our success as leaders. Those not open to feedback, personal change or feel nothing more can be learned, are likely future Bad Bosses. If you are in a leadership role, or are about to take on that role and wish to strengthen your leadership skills, this seminar is designed with you in mind.
How do you feel you are as a leader? How do others view you as a leader? Do people respect you and view you as a someone they wish to emulate? The journey to being a leader is a continuous one and there is always more to learn. Becoming a Good Boss takes time, experience and a willingness to learn and adjust behaviours. Leadership 2.0 is an opportunity for those wishing to maximize their potential as effective leaders.
Leadership 2.0 is a required seminar for the Certificate in Practical Leadership.
(Online: 3 partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- October 19 - 21, 2022
- February 1 - 3, 2023
Attributes of a good leader
- Identifying the common attributes all good leaders have in common
- Identifying the expectations subordinates have of their leaders
Maximizing your talents
- Assessment of your five most dominant themes of talent using the Clifton Strengths Finder Assessment
- How to leverage your talents to improving your performance
Factors influencing others’ behaviours
- Prospect theory
- SCARF Model
- Arising from too much information
- Developing from not enough information
- When one needs to act quickly
- From the limits of memory
The Seduction of Performance Measurement
- The phenomena of Surrogation
- Planning versus executing
- Performance evaluation versus relationship building
- Commitment and Consistency
- Social Proof
What You Will Learn
- Discover your top five talents using the Clifton Gallup Strengths Finder
- Gain clarity on factors that influence others’ behaviour and how to use that knowledge in adapting your leadership style to achieve best results
- Understand the common biases that affect us all in our decision-making and how to overcome them
- Combatting surrogation
- How to use different persuasion techniques to maximize your management effectiveness and close gaps in areas which may have been previously holding you back
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- want to improve your ability as a manager and leader
- want to develop awareness of what makes you thrive
- want to develop better influencing and persuasion skills
- want to develop your potential for advancement