Forecasting is a delicate balance of extrapolating from the past and predicting the future. For businesses the ability to build financial forecasts is key to business planning. Participants will learn when a forecast is the tool to use and how to prepare the financial portion of a business case.
Financial Forecasting is a required seminar for the Series for Excellence in Financial Management.
(Online: partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- February 9 - 10, 2023
Learn to run the numbers
- Understanding how the balance sheet and income statement inter relate so you can prepare complete forecasts
- Learn how to make and defend financial assumptions
- Build a model to test assumptions
- Learn how financing decisions affect profitability
- Appropriate use of debt
- Sensitivity analysis
- Understand the difference between cash flow and profits
- Learn how depreciation impacts business forecasting
- See how credit policies impact cash flow
What You Will Learn
- How to prepare a financial forecast which can be used to build the financial part of a business case
- A better understanding of how assets and expenses differ
- How to test assumptions
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are responsible for preparing or reviewing financial forecasts
- are in management