Financial Decision Making
We all have to make financial decisions in business. The hardest part can be figuring out how to approach it, what information do we need, how do we prepare the analysis. What numbers should we crunch? This course will help participants with an approach to solving business decisions.
Financial Decision-Making is a required seminar for the Series for Excellence in Financial Management.
(Online: partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- February 8 - 9, 2024 (Online)
Fee: $420 + HST
Facilitator: Debi Peverill, BComm, CPA, CA
- Which costs matter when making a financial decision?
- Learn the difference between sunk costs and out of pocket costs
- Understand how fixed costs impact decision making
Break Even Analysis
- How do you calculate the break even for any decision?
- How to figure out cost drivers
- Determining which costs are fixed, variable, mixed
- Should you make the product or buy it?
- Should you discontinue unprofitable products?
- Buy or lease?
- Hire or sub contract?
What You Will Learn
- How to analyse a financial decision
- A better understanding of cost behaviour
- How to determine which costs are relevant to your decision
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are responsible for making or evaluating financial decisions
- are in a management position
- wish to better understand financial decision making