Leading with Emotional Intelligence
The most effective and successful leaders in organizations today have a high level of emotional intelligence, also referred to as Emotional Quotient (EQ).
In this session you will learn what Emotional Intelligence is all about, what your personal strengths and opportunities are, how to see strengths and opportunities in others, and improve personal effectiveness and team performance.
PRE-SEMINAR PREPARATION: Self-assessment is a key ingredient in this seminar. To help you understand your current Emotional Intelligence, you will be asked to do an online assessment. When you complete the assessment, a report that is yours to keep and use during the seminar will be created.
This course will explore Emotional Intelligence in an engaging and open environment where all participants learn from each other.
(ONLINE - 2 partial days)
May 31 - June 1, 2022
Assessment: Psychometric Profiling for Leadership
- Complete an Emotional Intelligence EQ-i 2.0 Assessment through Multi-Health Systems (MHS)
- Receive a 25-page assessment report that can be used as a career path development tool
Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Understanding the keys to EI – Self-Management, Self-Awareness, Self-Regulation, Self-Motivation, and Empathy
- Utilize the MHS Eq-i 2.0 tool to better understand yourself and others
- Learn to accurately perceive emotions and use them to facilitate thinking
- Learn to better manage your emotions when it matters
Communication Skills (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
- Learning the true meaning of listening, and how to do it
- Utilize the new information gained from listening to ask better questions
- Understand the messages your sending through non-verbal ques
Gaining Control During Emotionally Triggered Times
- Understanding your personal triggers
- Utilizing coping mechanisms to stop the trigger and gain control
- Learn to see things from the other persons perspective
- Building Resilience
Strategic Leadership with Emotional Intelligence
- Applying EI to address your workplace challenges
- Understand emotions and how to manage them at work
- Seeing conflict as an opportunity
- Understanding the difference between Optimism and Pessimism
- Creating a culture of Assertiveness
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the seminar, you will know how to:
- Better understand your own emotional strengths and opportunities
- See how your actions impact others
- Create a culture of emotional intelligent and resilient people
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are in a management or team leader position in Private, Public or Not for Profit Organizations
- are in a management/leadership position without benefit of previous training
- wish to update your skills and prepare to move to the next level in your career
- are a “team lead” with indirect reports or shared employees