Developing People and Teams
This program is designed for managers in both public and private sectors who want to explore key issues in managing people. This program will provide an exploration of the development of employees throughout their life-cycle. From onboarding to succession planning, each employee has different needs at different times in their career.
Managing people takes the most time and provides the most opportunity for organizational success. We will look at the role of the leader through the lens of individual and situational requirements.
Motivation, engagement and retention of the team is a day to day responsibility and one that can make the difference between a functioning team and a high performing team. This session will be a lively, interactive seminar where participants will share their own experiences and learn from each other.
Developing People and Teams is part of the Certificate in Advanced Skills for New Managers.
REQUIREMENTS: You must complete the Certificate in Skills for New Managers before registering for this certificate. The certificate must be completed before the end of December 2022.
(Online: 3 partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- December 12 - 14, 2022
Employee Lifecycle Development
- The High-Performance Management System
- Early, Mid and late career management
- Employee and career path development
- Succession plans
Creating a Culture of Accountability
- Setting clear expectations
- Coaching and motivating without micro-managing
- Providing tools and resources for success
- Providing effective feedback
- Closing the accountability loop
- Creating and living the team’s mission, vision and values
- Encouraging generational diversity
- Team Rules of Engagement
- Recognizing potential
- Creating a positive culture
- Mental wellness and Work life balance
Personal Plan of Action
- Each participant will leave with a personal plan of action to take forward into her/his role as a new manager.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how your employees grow and develop with your organization, and your role in supporting that
- Create a high-performance team structure
- Support your team members through accountability, coaching and mentoring
- Drive a culture based on mutual trust and respect and mental wellness and work life balance
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- have taken the Certificate in Skills for New Managers
- are in a management or team leader position in Private, Public or Not for Profit Organizations
- are in a management/leadership position without benefit of previous training
- wish to update your skills and prepare to move to the next level in your career
- are a “team lead” with indirect reports or shared employees