The BComm Academic Success & Advising Centre provides students with advice, support, engagement opportunities to make the most out of their degree. BComm Academic Advisors are experienced in helping students navigate their degree program and academic journey in the BComm Program and Saint Mary's University. Academic Advisors strive to empower students by helping you learn about the resources, strategies, and tools needed throughout your time in the BComm program.
Students can book an appointment through our online booking system to meet with an Academic Advisor. Appointments are available in-person or online (MS Teams). Appointment delivery is identified when booking your appointment.
Academic Advising Resources
Drop-In Academic Advising Information
Students can access in-person and virtual drop-in academic advising through the BComm Academic Advising & Success Centre Brightspace. Students can attend a drop-in advising session via Zoom for one-on-one advising or in person in the Advising Centre. Students will wait in a queue in the Waiting Room of the Zoom meeting and the advisor will admit students one by one throughout the drop-in period. Students attending on campus can visit room SB 252 to check in and wait to meet with an advisor
Drop-In Advising Sessions take place:
- Virtual: Mondays 11:00 a.m.- 12:00pm with Emma Wicks - Click to join the drop-in advising session
- In Person: Wednesdays 3:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. with Emma Wicks - Sign in using sign-up form at SB 254.
- Virtual: Fridays 11 a.m.-noon with Wendy Wang - Click to join the drop-in advising session
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
BComm Back in Business Program
Are you a business student who is looking for extra support to stay on track and meet your goals? Students can join the Back in Business Academic Success program to help set goals, create a success plan and receive dedicated support. Learn more about the program: Back in Business Academic Success Program Guide (PDF)
Apply to the Back in Business program using this link: https://forms.office.com/r/vmh6eDkvgA
Any Commerce student as well as those students participating in the Back In Business Program can access this website: Welcome to the BComm Back in Business Program
BComm Academic Success Resources
The BComm program offers free academic success resources for undergraduate commerce students. More information and resources can be found on the BComm Academic Success Brightspace. Support and resources include:
- BComm Peer Academic Support (PAS) Program
- Provides students with free extra help for many core business courses.
- Free Peer Academic Study Sessions for many BComm core courses.
- Study Hall Sessions for many BComm core courses.
- Access to a flexible schedule of academic support sessions for many BComm core courses. BComm PAS Program Schedule - Fall 2023
- BComm Academic Success Sessions for students offered throughout the year on different important academic topics. Fall 2023 BComm Academic Success Session Schedule
- BComm Core Course and Academic Success information, tools, and resource library.
I need help but don’t know where to go.
We know that many students experience different challenges during their time in the BComm program. If you need help, speak with an Academic Advisor. We can help students understand and explore different options and services on campus when they are experiencing personal challenges or an emergency. Contact us by email or drop in to our office.
Learn more about where to get support using the BComm Success Pathways Inventory (PDF)
BComm Academic Success & Advising Centre contact and location information:
Sobey 252 (just off the main Sobey Building lobby)
903 Robie St, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C3
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 902-491-6532
Jill Thomas, Senior Academic Advisor
Emma Wicks, BComm Academic Advisor
Wendy Wang, BComm Academic Advisor
Sarah Joyce, BComm Program Assistant
Looking for Graduate Student Advising? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org