OICE Services for Partners
The Office of Innovation and Community Engagement (OICE) helps to facilitate research partnerships, contracts or agreements between Saint Mary's and private companies, industrial associations, community groups, government and international agencies. The OICE also facilitates the review and formal signing of of university agreements.
“As a small business owner, it is sometimes difficult to find time to do applied research projects. The Office of Innovation and Community Engagement at SMU, certainly made the process easy to navigate and seamless”
We can help partners:
- Reduce technical or financial risk on a new venture,
- Gain access to highly specialized facilities,
- License new technologies, and
- Attract highly skilled people to your organization.
Partnerships can involve:
- Short or long term projects,
- Basic research,
- Applied research and development,
- Testing or technical services, and
- Collaboration between university and industry researchers.
- View a list of Applied Research Funding Opportunities
- Read a summary of our recent Success Stories
- Contact the Office of Innovation and Community Engagement (OICE)
- Find a researcher
- Saint Mary’s Research Centres and Institutes
Do you hire students for internships? Please visit the Student Employment Centre website and find out more on how to hire Saint Mary's University students directly through HireSMU.
If you have any questions about hiring students for Co-op work terms and would like to learn more about the Co-operative Program at Saint Mary's University, please contact Sherry Ross, Acting Manager, Co-operative Education/Student Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org.