Make an Impact
Make an Impact with Purpose
The Sobey School of Business is the first business school in North America to take part in BSIS. The BSIS is designed to assess our regional economic, intellectual, cultural and social impact using both quantitative and qualitative indicators. The Sobey School of Business is committed to contributing to local prosperity and being accountable. Quantifying our impact is an effective way both to demonstrate accountability and to start a conversation around the present and future of business leaders in the region.
Highlights of our impact include:
- Financial: We make economic contributions to the province of $329 million.
- Educational: 45% of our 800 graduates stay in the region to work (1/3 of our Bachelor of Commerce grads and 2/3 of our Masters graduates)
- Intellectual: International research reputation in immigration, retailing, entrepreneurship, co-operatives and more.
- Business Development: over 100 businesses started through Start Up 100 program; 34 businesses started through Enactus; 22 of 40 MTEI graduates started businesses.
- Ecosystem: 3,200 students, 57% come from outside Nova Scotia. 78 full time professors from diverse backgrounds.
- Societal: Sobey MBA program placed #11 in the world on the Corporate Knights 2016 Better World MBA Ranking.
- Image of Region: 20,000+ alumni throughout Atlantic Canada and around the world, demonstrating their own ability to make an impact with purpose.
Join us for collective impact with purpose:
- Hire grads – contact Sobey Career Services
- Create internships – contact Sobey Career Services
- Fund scholarships – contact Saint Mary’s University Development
- Enroll in executive education – Contact Director Business Outreach
- Send employees to our programs – Contact Graduate Programs Recruiter
- Invest in our students’ businesses – Contact the Sobey School Business Development Centre
- Engage our faculty for research – Find a researcher
- Mobilize our research – Subscribe to our e-news
- Share our story – Download Creating an Impact with Purpose
- Talk to us about ways to contribute – Contact Dean Patricia Bradshaw.