MFin Application Process

To apply, you will need to provide supplementary material, complete an online application form, and pay an application fee. All required materials must be received before an acceptance determination can be made.

Step 1. Fill out an Application

Fill out the online application and pay the $110 application fee.

Step 2. Recommendation Forms and Transcripts

  • Recommendations: Upon completion of the referee section of your online application, your referees will be sent a secure link in order to provide a reference. Recommendation Forms MUST be sent from the referees professional email address (ie. NOT Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, 163, qq, etc). 
  • Transcripts: We will accept uploaded unofficial transcripts for evaluation purposes. Applicants must upload a grading scale with their unofficial transcripts. Successful applicants will be required to submit official final transcripts. If your official transcript is in a language other than English, you will need to have a second official transcript translated by a notarized translator. The translator should submit both the original transcript and the translation directly to Saint Mary’s University.

Step 3. Language Tests and/or GMAT

  • If English is not your first language we need proof of English language proficiency. If you have not done so already plan to write a language test and have the official score emailed or mailed (depending on the testing centre) to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
  • If you are planning on writing the GMAT email and inform them of the testing date. Also, have your official GMAT score sent through the testing agency at; the Saint Mary’s University (SMU) code is OM9-5R-85.

Step 4. Resume and Supplemental Questions

Do not send any documentation to the MFin Office or the Director. 

Please note: For Sobey MFin applicants from outside Canada, we work with a network of trusted liaisons in many countries around the world who can help with your application, and if successful, your study visa process. We strongly recommend working with them, and in some cases, we require it. Please contact Sobey Graduate Programs Recruitment and Admissions for more information at