Distinguished Community Service Award
The Distinguished Community Service Award is presented to a member of the Saint Mary's University Alumni Association who has made an outstanding contribution to their community.
All University employees and members of the Saint Mary's University Alumni Association may submit a one-page letter of recommendation for a candidate, illustrating their suitability for this award. A completed Alumni Awards Nomination Form must accompany the letter.
Selection Candidates are considered annually by the Saint Mary's University Alumni Association's Awards & Nomination Committee.
Timeline Consideration takes place following Spring Convocation. The deadline to nominate is July 14, 2017 and the award is presented during the One World Alumni Gala during Homecoming celebrations.
- 2016: Richard Butler BA'69 and Marsha Sobey BEd'82
- 2015: Cassandra Dorrington and Gerald Walsh
- 2014: Tom Lee and Claire Miller
- 2013: Jane Roy
- 2012: Scott Norton, Fred George and Alex Handyside
- 2011: David McKeage, Dr. Gerald P. Reardon
- 2010: Dr. John A. P. Sullivan and Fr. George Leach
- 2009: Judith Richardson and Wendy Brookhouse
- 2008: Paul J. Dyer
- 2005: Carol MacLean & Richard H. “Dick” MacLean
- 2004: George C. Moffatt
- 2003: Hector P. Musie and Dr. John C. Young
- 2002: Angela Vecchio-Ozmon and Kevin Cleary
- 2001: Allister Byrne
- 2000 Elizabeth Ozmon & Dr. Kenneth L. Ozmon
- 1999: Burris Devanney and Terence Donahoe
- 1998: Paul Goodman
- 1997: Joseph Bishara
- 1995-96: Terry Kelly
- 1993-94: Fred MacGillivary
- 1992: Karen Henderson
- 1991: J. Philip Vaughan
- 1990: Ronald Downie
- 1989: Paul Gouett
- 1988: Elizabeth Chard
- 1986: Harold Beazley
- 1985: Edmund Morris
- 1984: Senator Richard Donahoe