How to Give


If you are ready to give right now, you can use our safe and secure online form.

Over the phone

Have your credit card ready and call us at 1-888-768-4483. Monday-Friday, 9 am - 5 pm (AST)

Through the mail

Let us know your donation preferences on our downloadable donation form and mail it with a cheque or credit card number to:

Office of Development
923 Robie Street
Halifax, NS B3H 3C3

In person

Unavailable at this time. Thank you for your support and understanding.



Types of gifts

Monetary gifts of cash, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), cheques and money orders are gratefully accepted.

Pledges allow you to make a commitment to the University over a period of time based on an agreed payment schedule. Payments can be made in bi-weekly, monthly or annual installments.

Your planned gift will create a legacy of support for generations of students to come, while at the same time provide positive tax benefits. Deciding what type of gift works best for you is as important as making the gift itself. Learn about your planned giving options.

Publicly-listed securities donated directly to Saint Mary's University are popular gifts because of increased tax benefits. To initiate a transfer of publicly listed stocks or securities, please download the Donation of Securities form [PDF]

To recognize the passing of a loved one, in-memoriam gifts can be made to Saint Mary’s University. Please contact the Development Office should you wish to establish a special in-memoriam fund or to seek guidance on the wording for an obituary.

Your gift can be increased significantly if your employer or your spouse’s employer matches charitable donations. Some companies will also match a retiree’s monetary gift. See if your employer is a matching gift company.

Faculty and staff members of Saint Mary’s University may donate through bi-weekly payroll deductions. Please complete the Faculty and Staff Payroll Deduction Form [PDF]  and mail to the address provided on the form or complete the online giving form.

Gifts of real estate, equipment, books, artwork, archival materials and other properties may be considered by the University. These gifts may be eligible for a tax receipt. For more information about gifts in-kind, please contact the Development Office.

United States Residents

Saint Mary's University is fortunate to have the support of many alumni and friends in the United States. U.S. residents and U.S.-based organizations can make their gifts to the Friends of Saint Mary's University Inc (FSMUI), which is a U.S. charitable organization. Gifts to FSMUI are tax deductible for U.S. tax purposes. Download the US donation form or contact our Development Office.

Other Countries

Saint Mary’s alumni and friends cover the globe and we gratefully accept gifts from all countries. Upon receipt, the currency is converted to Canadian dollars and we issue a Canadian tax receipt.

Share: Page Feedback