Forensic Science Camp
Camps in 2023
Interested in studying Forensic Science? This summer, take part in our five-day Forensic Science Camp. This camp, geared for teens ages 14-17 (grades 9-12), will introduce campers to the basics of this exciting field. Through hands-on application of lab and field-based research techniques and practices, campers will work together to explore how the Sciences are applied in Forensic situations as well as the theories and principles underlying these applications.
Join us as we explore topics such as:*
- Crime scene examination and evidence collection (through mock crime scenes)
- DNA extraction and examination
- Detection of body fluids
- Fingerprint collection and analysis
- Hair and fibre examination (microscopy)
- Examination of skeletal remains
- Examination of bloodstain and blood spatter patterns
- Mock trial and presentation of evidence
- Meeting with professionals in the field
- Career and education opportunities available to them in Forensic Science
*Students may be shown disturbing subject matter, such as images and false blood splatter.
This camp would also aim to:
- Provide experience working as a team with a common goal
- Improve levels of maturity and responsibility
- Develop self-confidence in presentation skills, project management, and critical thinking
- Provide space and time to explore the applications of sciences in Forensics so that students can better identify areas of individual interest
Is Forensic Camp right for you?
- Do you have a keen interest in science, both hands-on and theoretical?
- Do you want to gain hands-on experience?
- Are you motivated to learn, and are you responsible?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then our Forensic Science Camp seems like a good fit!
Dates: July 10-14, 2023 or July 17-21, 2023
Time: Camp runs 9-4:30 pm each day.
Application Form: Click to download the 2023 Forensic Science Application Form. Please submit your completed form, along with a school transcript and essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email email@example.com