Join SMUgives Day
You are the foundation of the Saint Mary’s community. On this special day, we invite you to give a gift in support of our students. Your gift, no matter the size, will have a direct impact and go to where our students need it most. You can make a one-time SMUgives Day gift or sign up for payroll deduction to make an impact all year long. Visit giving.smu.ca to make your gift and you will be entered into a draw to win one of these great prizes:
- SMU hoodie
- SMU t-shirt
- SMU ball cap
- SMU tumbler
- Coffee for a week
Together, we can create a World without limits for our students.
Below you will find some suggested areas where you can direct your gift. You may also direct your gift to another area of your choice. Wherever you choose to give on SMUgives Day, you will be directly supporting the ongoing needs of our students.
The Santamarian Fund is an avenue for our community to provide financial support for initiatives that create a direct and lasting impact on our students. Your gift to The Santamarian Fund will:
- Increase access to education through scholarships and bursaries
- Improve facilities on campus that promote learning
- Create innovative and enhanced programming that addresses real-world issues.
Established in 2020, the Student Health and Wellness Fund supports initiatives that proactively support the health and wellness of our student population. Your gift to the Health and Wellness Fund will:
- Expand the Holiday Care Package program, which delivers ingredients for a festive meal to students who are unable to travel home.
- Purchase Vitamin D lamps to support students experiencing Seasonal Affective Disorder.
The Community Food Room is our on-campus food bank open to all members of the Saint Mary’s community and offers safe access to safe, nutritious, and personally acceptable foods. Your gift to the Community Food Room will:
- Reduce food insecurity for more than 300 students every month.
- Provide access to food options for students with specific dietary restrictions.
- Resume cooking classes where students learn to cook nutritious meals and the necessary ingredients.
Our student athletes need support to ensure peak performance in both their athletic and academic pursuit. When you give directly to a team, or generally to athletics and recreation, you will provide students with:
- Proper nutrition before games to ensure athletes are properly fueled.
- Access to tutors and additional academic support
- Additional strength and conditioning programming to promote muscle recovery
The Faculty of Arts Student Experience Fund provides students in the Faculty of Arts with resources and opportunities to expand... Your gift to the Faculty of Arts Student Experience Fund will:
- Create more research internship opportunities across all departments within the faculty
- Provide funding aid for students to attend international field study programs
- Help students with emergency funding requests for technology and other course materials.
The Faculty of Science Student Experience Fund provides students in the Faculty of Science with resources and opportunities to expand.... Your gift to the Faculty of Science Student Experience Fund will:
- Create targeted internships for first- and second-year students to engage in research
- Launch a guest speaker series to introduce students to career pathways in science fields
- Increase accessibility in lab spaces for students with additional needs
- Support travel and participation for conferences and expose students graduate-level research
The Sobey School of Business Student Experience Fund provides students in the Sobey School of Business with resources and opportunities to expand.... Your gift to the Sobey School of Business Student Experience Fund will:
- Invite guest speakers and panelists to highlight professional career pathways in the business sector
- Encourage entrepreneurship and community service amongst students
- Increase skill development by offering local case competitions and travel to out-of-town competitions
Charitable registration: # BN11918 9900 RR0001