The GRI Funding Opportunities 2022
Conference Support Grants ($500)
For SMU faculty or researchers affiliated with SMU faculty to: 1) invite a guest speaker working on areas of research connected to Atlantic Canada; 2) support a researcher with an affiliation to SMU for expenses linked to technical support or services of an interpreter for an online event.
Research Grant ($1,000)
For Saint Mary’s University faculty or researchers working in partnership with SMU faculty who produce new knowledge that focuses on Atlantic Canada.
Community Initiative Grant ($2,000)
For Atlantic Canada community-based projects from individuals working outside the university on issues, challenges, and priorities identified in their own community.
Partnerships Grant ($3,000)
For SMU faculty or researchers affiliated with SMU faculty to: 1) support the travel and accommodation of external researchers working on or wishing to develop a project on Atlantic Canada; 2) fund a community member with limited funding opportunities to collaborate on an innovative project linked to issues, challenges, and priorities identified in their own community.
All applications must include:
- CV or resume in the case of Community Initiative Grant.
- One-page proposal (max.)
- For academic researchers: a knowledge mobilisation plan, a short note of the expected outcomes, and a note about how this fits into a larger research agenda.
- For community-based projects: a description of your project (what it is, what you will do) and a note about why this project matters for your community
- Detailed budget/costings outline.
- Identify the preferred grant stream.
Closing date for all applications is 15 November 2022 and must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to download our Funding Opportunities flyer and feel free to share feel free to circulate it within your department, colleagues and students!