Students Forms

Students Forms

Key Student Forms for Joint MA in Women and Gender Studies:

Downloadable Forms via SMU Faculty of Graduate Studies:

  • Application for Leave of Absence from Graduate Program
  • Graduate Program Extension Request
  • Application for Conference Travel Funds
  • Application for Full-time Thesis Continuation Status
  • External Examiner Nomination Form
  • Thesis and Supervisors Identification Form
  • Thesis Preparation Forms
  • Application Form for Visiting, Upgrading and Reactivation Students (for MSVU Students Taking SMU Courses)

Application for Directed Study

To be used if the academic unit wishes to offer a student either an approved directed study course or a regular approved course which is not offered in the current academic session. This forms also serves as a registration form for students who are eligible to register. Required Signature: Departmental Chairperson/Graduate Coordinator and Dean of Arts.

Letter of Permission

Authorization for current students to take a course(s) at another academic institution for transfer credit to an academic program at Saint Mary's University. Required signature: the Dean of Graduate Studies. (for SMU Students taking courses at MSVU or other universities)

Application for Graduation

Used to apply to graduate with a degree, certificate or diploma program either in the spring or fall. Check deadline dates very carefully, normally for spring convocation students are required to apply in September and for fall convocation students are required to apply in July.

Contact us

Faculty of Arts
Women and Gender Studies
McNally South, Room 424