Saint Mary's University Act - Subject to the powers of the Board, the Senate shall be responsible for the educational policy of the University and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
- May create, maintain and discontinue such faculties, departments, schools or institutes and establish such chairs as it may determine and may fix the duties of those employed therein
- May recommend to the Board the affiliation or discontinuance of the affiliation of or with other universities
- May determine courses of study, admission standards, qualifications for diplomas, certificates and degrees, examinations, scholarships and bursaries and may issue university calendars and other official publications
- Shall be responsible for the library
- Shall be responsible for student discipline
- May create such committees as it deems necessary or useful
- May make regulations governing the matters that are assigned to it by this Section
Location and Contact
923 Robie St.
General Inquiries: 902-420-5400
Non-emergency line: 902-420-5577
For Students: 902-491-6263
For Faculty & Staff: 902-491-6264
Go to the Campus Directory for faculty, staff and departments.