Convocation is a joyous event, bound by tradition and history. This is when the University celebrates the hard work and achievement of its students with family and friends. Saint Mary’s University gathers three times a year to honour its students.
The ceremonies will be held in the McNally Theatre Auditorium on the following dates:
|Spring Convocation: May 18-20, 2016|
|Fall Convocation: Sep 30 & Oct 1, 2016|
|Winter Convocation: Jan 20, 2017|
The sections below will provide all members of the Saint Mary's University community, as well as family and friends, with information about Convocation.
For our potential graduates, this webpage will be a reference for all information about the graduation process, your ceremony and welcoming you to the Saint Mary’s Alumni family!
- See A look back at Spring 2016 Graduation Week through social media
- See the Spring 2016 Convocation slideshow (on Flickr)
- Learn about the 2016 Spring Convocation honorary degree recipients and graduating students who have already made an impact.
- Share your graduation-related social media activity using the hashtag #smugrads2016
Applying to Graduate
Convocation Ceremonies & Graduation Week
- Graduates List
- Ceremonies & Receptions
- Invitations, Academic Regalia and Dean’s Cards
- Graduating in Person
- How to wear Academic Regalia
- Graduation Week Events
- Special Arrangements for Graduates or Guests Requiring Assistance
- Extra Invitations
- Graduate Rings & Photos
- Degree Framing
Information for guests