Operationalizing Identity - Strategy and Practice
Join us for this engaging online course on Operationalizing the Co-operative Identity – Strategy to Practice. Designed for seasoned decision-makers and emerging leaders from any sector or type of co-operative, all will benefit from this knowledge-rich course. This participatory education experience focuses on enhancing your knowledge and building your network. Discuss and debate the many facets of the co-operative identity including how purpose, values, and principles translate into enterprise strategy and effective practice.
- Deepen your understanding of the links between your values-based enterprise model and the International Co-operative Alliances’ (ICA) Statement on the Cooperative Identity.
- Finish the course with a rich set of concepts, tools, and examples, plus more knowledge of the diversity of the co-operative model in practice.
- Expand your co-operative network.
Karen Miner, Managing Director of the International Centre for Co-operative Management, researcher and instructor.
Dr. Sonja Novkovic, Co-operative Economist, Academic Director of the International Centre for Co-operative Management, Chair of the International Co-operative Alliance Committee on Co-operative Research, researcher and professor.
Key presentations by Fred Freundlich (LANKI, University of Mondragon) and Erbin Crowell (Master's graduate, Executive Director of the Neighboring Food Co-op Association, Board Member of the National Co-operative Business Association)
Course Content in Brief
- Our unique enterprise model: purpose, values, and principles combined with people-centredness, democracy, joint ownership and control
- Evolution of the International Statement on the Co-operative Identity
- Values and principles in context: Mondragon’s 10 Principles
- Co-operative's complex purpose: the transformational potential of our values-based enterprise model
- People practices: member centricity and strategic stakeholders
- Power of principle 6: cross-sector collaboration and inter-cooperation
- Managing and measuring progress and success
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to be notified when our next date is set or if you would like to host the course for your organization.