Sustainability isn’t just an academic pursuit at Saint Mary’s. It’s a real commitment from students, faculty and staff to operating the campus in an environmentally responsible way.
The university has developed a reputation for environmental responsibility that is evident in everything from our far-reaching research endeavors to a variety of initiatives including:
- The renowned School of the Environment
- Two research-based green roofs
- The Sobey School of Business is a signatory to the PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education) initiative
- The Atrium building built to LEED Silver standards
- A three-story living wall in the Atrium
- A major energy conservation project
- A widespread recycling program
- A smoke-free campus since 2013
- An annual Sustainability Week held in March
- A conversion from oil to natural gas that reduces our carbon footprint by about 33%
Saint Mary’s is also home to the Atlantic Centre for Green Chemistry, and our faculty and students conduct leading research projects in areas including water quality, wildlife conservation and global warming.
General Inquiries: 902-420-5400
Non-emergency line: 902-420-5577
For Students: 902-491-6263
For Faculty & Staff: 902-491-6264
Go to the Campus Directory for faculty, staff and departments.