Saint Mary’s University - TLC is a Cambridge Assessment English Authorised Centre for the Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Language (CELTA).
Why train with us?
- We have been a Cambridge English Authorised Centre since 2016 and our tutors have been teaching CELTA in Halifax for over 15 years.
- Over the years our tutors have trained over 1000 people to teach English in many parts of the world.
- Our pass rate is 99% and we have an excellent reputation locally.
- We have full-time, part-time, 100% online, in-person and mixed-mode options available so you can choose a time that suits you best.
- Once you have qualified we offer advice and guidance on how to find a job.
CELTA – Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- The gold standard teaching qualification.
- CELTA gives you the skills, knowledge, confidence, and hands-on experience to start teaching.
The Cambridge CELTA course is the essential TEFL/TESL qualification that is trusted by employers, language schools and governments around the world. CELTA gives you the knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and classroom confidence to qualify as a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL).
CELTA is for recent graduates, people who are changing careers, or teachers who want to gain a formal qualification and may want to progress to qualifications such as Delta. CELTA focuses on developing practical classroom teaching skills. It includes live teaching practice, with feedback and support from an expert trainer. Requires a C1/C2 level of English. For teachers who want to develop their practical skills through observation of teaching practice and feedback, CELTA is the best replacement for CELT-P/S. Although it focuses on teaching adults, many of the skills and knowledge developed will also be relevant to teaching younger learners.
To apply for CELTA click here.
For more information:
All tutors are Cambridge-approved teacher trainers. This means that in addition to holding the highest level of English language teaching qualifications, they have also undergone extensive training to become a trainer.