This course is for:
- Students who have been conditionally accepted at an English language college or university but who have not yet attained the required CAEL, TOEFL test, IELTS, or other language proficiency test score
- Students planning to enter university but who have not yet been accepted
- Students who have attained the required language test scores but who feel they need more intensive work in academic English and study skills in order to perform as well as possible in their credit courses
- Both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as those in high school and community college
The goal of the EAP program is to prepare students to read, write, speak and listen to English well enough to succeed in university and college courses. During the program, students practice the academic and language activities that they will encounter in tertiary level studies. Activities include viewing and discussing live and recorded lectures, listening and note-taking, academic writing, reading academic texts, critical thinking, participating in discussions and seminars, writing different types of university examinations, and improving library and research skills.
Students in the EAP program experience life at university through organized visits to lectures on campus in different academic disciplines. Students are also encouraged to participate fully in the university experience through social and cultural activities.
- Upon successful completion of EAP 5, and EAP 6, TLC students will now receive up to 6 transfer credit hours towards a Saint Mary’s University degree.
- Year-round courses offered in 8 week sessions
- An intensive program of 25 hours per week supplemented by individual and group tutorials and our Conversation Partner Program
- Six different levels of instruction according to individual needs
- Academic and cultural orientation
- Small classes: average class size 15-16, maximum 18
- Full university facilities including libraries, book store, health clinic and computer laboratories
- Access to Saint Mary's world class recreational facilities including fitness centre, health club, courts, etc.
- Full-time International Student Advisor and Department of Student Services
EAP LEVEL SIX
For those students continuing on to undergraduate studies at Saint Mary's University, successful completion of EAP 6 satisfies the English language requirement for University admission .