Roles and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Accommodate students with disabilities while ensuring academic integrity and standards are upheld.
- Work collaboratively with students with disabilities, the Fred Smithers Centre staff, faculty colleagues, administration, and other University employees to ensure that approved accommodations are implemented in a manner that protects the student's dignity, as well as their right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Consult with the Fred Smithers Centre regarding accommodations for students who are not yet registered with the centre.
- Advise the Fred Smithers Centre of their need for accommodation by registering with the Centre and providing the appropriate recent documentation (within 5 years).
- Participate in their individual accommodation planning by working with the Advisor once per semester.
- Notify the Disability Advisor of any changes or concerns regarding their accommodations
The Fred Smithers Centre Staff:
- Advise students of available resources and supports, and work with students to develop appropriate accommodations.
- Handle accommodation requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain student confidentiality.