Certificate in Human Resource Management
The certificate has been developed in cooperation with professionals in the Human Resource Management field. Although the certificate is not a requirement for the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, it will help prepare those who to pursue the designation. Students should note that a bachelor's degree is one of the requirements for the CPHR designation. For more information on the designation, visit www.cphr.ca.
A minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 in the Human Resource Management Certificate Program courses is required for graduation with the Certificate. Students without previous university course work may have to complete prerequisites that are specified for each course, in addition to the required courses.
The following courses are required to obtain the certificate:
- MGMT 1281 Introduction to Business Management
- MGMT 2383 Micro Organizational Behaviour
- MGMT 2384 Macro Organizational Behaviour
- MGMT 3385 Human Resource Management
- MGMT 3386 Industrial Relations
- MGMT 3392 Occupational Health and Safety
- MGMT 4482 Staffing & Selection
- MGMT 4485 Wage & Salary Administration
- MGMT 4486 Training and Development
- MGMT 4488 International Business Management