What’s the difference between a major and a minor? Which courses should you take and when? How can you make sure you fulfill your degree requirements? Interested in studying abroad?
Have questions? We have answers.
Your academic advisor can help you understand what’s required of you academically, and help you get the most from your university education. Visit your academic advisor once a year to make sure you’re on track and making informed decisions about your education and your future. Download the BComm Advising Syllabus 2018-2019.
Your Academic Advisor will help you:
- Find out how to sequence your courses
- Explore program options (majors, minors, certificates)
- Monitor your academic progress
- Understand university regulations
- Learn more about exchange, co-op and other University programs
Meet with your advisor during these drop-in times (no appointments necessary):
Last meeting will start 15 minutes before end time listed.
Monday to Thursday: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm & 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday: 9:30 am to 11:30 am
**Please note changes to the above times on these dates only**
- Tuesday, June 26th: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 27th: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm & 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, June 28th to Friday, July 13th: Advisor is out of the office
- Monday, July 16th: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
BComm Advising Centre contact and location information:
Sobey 252 (just off the main Sobey Building lobby)
903 Robie St, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C3
Phone: 902-491-6532 | Fax: 902-491-6531
- Lois Larson, BComm Program Manager
- Mahbouba Kafrouny, BComm Program Advisor
- Yi Xie, BComm Program Secretary