Study space availability on campus for students
The Patrick Power Library will be open for extra evening appointment slots between 5:00-8:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Friday, April 9
- Saturday, April 10
- Friday, April 16
- Saturday, April 17
Students are allowed to study in some designated areas on campus.
The following campus building will have spaces available Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.:
- Burke Lobby
- Hari Das Commons (located in the Loyola Building, outside of the Conference Room - use the stairwell closer to Tim Horton's)
- The Atrium
NOTE: Only Saint Mary's University students are permitted to use these study spaces.
At these spaces, students must:
- wear masks
- continue social distancing
- not eat in the space
Additionally, the Patrick Power Library is pleased to provide access to a limited number of computers, study carrels, tables and study rooms for individual use by Saint Mary's students, staff and faculty. These spaces are available on the first floor of the Library, and by pre-booked appointment only.
Book a space now (SMU email and password are required for booking)
- All Bookings, including Study Rooms, are for individual use only.
- Each appointment is limited to three-hour blocks:
Monday-Thursday - 9:00 a.m-noon, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday - 9:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sunday - Noon-3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- These spaces are available for individual use only, and all users must comply with current provincial COVID-19 regulations. The Library will close between bookings for cleaning. All patrons must vacate the building during this time, regardless of whether they have booked another appointment on the same day.
- Appointments can be booked up to seven days in advance.
- In the event of the Library closing, patrons will be notified as soon as possible.
- Students must present their ID cards (or Confirmation of Enrollment and photo ID) to Library Staff, prior to the beginning of the reserved time. Note: Failure to appear for booking within 30 minutes of the start can result in cancellation.
Please stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- new or worsening cough
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- temperature equal to or over 38°C
- feeling feverish
- fatigue or weakness
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of smell or taste
- gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- feeling very unwell
PLEASE NOTE: Decisions on the use of these spaces shall be made by Library Staff, in accordance with the Library's official Booking Policy.